Infants and toddlers are a source of pleasure and happiness to a family, but they are quite prone to accidents. They’re at a stage where they can walk around and explore, but they not really conscious of risks around them. That’s the reason it is the duty of the parents or guardians to be certain the homes toddlers and toddlers reside in are secure and child-friendly. Here we’ll look into some of the frequent accident areas in the house and discuss how it is possible to make them safer for your children.
The threat of being careless when using stairs requires no excuse. Even adults readily get injured when they move down and up the stairs recklessly. Along with the harms from stair-related accidents are often severe. Here are some strategies to create stairs safer.
· Including a slip-proof matting on individual measures
· Including a soft rubber mat on the exact place where the stair finishes on the floor to reduce harm
· Educating kids stair safety
· Putting a non-slip grip onto the stair grips
Electricity is very important to our contemporary society, but they aren’t supposed to come into contact with human skin as they can cause myriad injuries. Among the common causes of child injuries is electrocution. Therefore, if you have kids, ensure that your electrical outlets are safe.
· Installing power outlet covers help a whole lot in keeping your child safe particularly if the socket isn’t being used.
· Renovating the house to transfer outlets greater beyond the reach of children
The danger in the toilet is slipping. Young and old people may fall prey to the absence of friction due to soapy wet tiles. But sometimes, there isn’t any way around it. Here is what you can do.
· Place anti-slip vinyl or rubber mats on the bathroom floor
· Add a soft pillow on the corners of the sink and rubberized cushion on the toilet seat to prevent injuries.
· make certain the soap is procured in the tray so that it doesn’t accidentally fall off and cause an accident.
The kitchen is the place where you cook your meals, but it’s not the place for kids to be alone independently. Unfortunately, they do occasionally come to the kitchen and play with anything they could find there such as knives, forks, and other sharp items.
· make certain the oven has child safety features so that they can not open it and come indoors.
· Safe knives in high places so kids can not reach it.
Kids love to explore because for them everything is fresh, an experience, but the shelves and cabinets aren’t places for them to attempt to climb. Make sure that the shelves and cabinets are secured by the wall behind so that they won’t fall down if a child does grow up on them.
By child-proofing your house, you can be certain that your children may enjoy growing up without getting into accidents, which can place their lives at risk.